Home Medical Alert Systems – SOS Watch & Fall Alert Pendant
Generally, seniors prefer to live independently in their own home or apartment in which they have lived their whole life. The most common problem with this is if anything were to happen no one would know, or it would take a while prior to someone to find out. Fortunately, thanks to technology there are several home medical alert systems also known as life alert devices available to help seniors continue living safely in their own homes. These personal alarm systems are the smart choice for aged people who want to stay in their own homes. These devices have made life easier for both seniors and their caregivers. Today’s technological devices are smarter than ever and meet the challenges of an aging population. But, selecting the alarm systems for seniors that are best for your situation can be tricky.
How Home Medical Alert Systems Work
A home medical alert system can allow you or someone you love to live independently for many years to come, but only if you select the system that’s right for you and your family. The major purpose of monitored personal alarms devices is to speak with family members when a threatening emergency takes place. For the users, this means living independently with fewer worries for themselves and their loved ones. Getting immediate help after a fall increases the chances of survival by 80% and increases the chances of returning to an independent living.
There are various types of life alert devices available monitoring for elderly parents, but the most common are fall alert pendant and SOS Watch, that has a 24/7 help button that immediately connects the wearer to an emergency response centre when pressed. Fall alert pendant and SOS Watch are very useful devices, particularly for the elderly living alone. Even though there many other emergency personal alarm systems in the market, several of those need the wearer to stay within a certain distance of a base station. While fall alert pendant can also limit the independence of the wearer, on the other hand, the SOS Watch for seniors allows the wearer to move freely with peace of mind.
Let’s Discuss SOS Watch & Fall Alert Pendant
The SOS mobile watch for seniors seems and functions like a common watch, but has many additional features of a smartphone, including a home medical alert system. What makes this elderly GPS watch special is the SOS 24/7 help button that allows one to press a button on the watch to alert one or more people that you are in an urgent situation. To top it off, your loved ones will be able to find you with GPS for seniors and talk with you right on the SOS watch. It is an upgrade from the old fall alert pendant, which only works inside the home.
On the other hand, fall alert pendant requires a landline or mobile phone to operate. Fall alert pendant needs to connect with the mobile app. The battery life of the fall alert pendant is short than SOS Watch. The usage of the fall alert pendant is confined to a limited area such as the home.
Some notable features included with the SOS Watch (home medical alert system) are:
- SOS seniors watch acts as all-in-one smartwatch since it has a built-in mobile phone that can also work as an emergency personal alarm for elderly and location tracker. SOS watch does not require a landline or mobile phone to operate like fall alert pendant.
- SOS Watch also known as 24/7 emergency help device have mobile phone functionalities like Bluetooth and Wi-Fi which can connect in all 3G enabled locations. It is not limited to your home only like fall alert pendant.
- This emergency watch has an SOS button that when pressed will dial their 24/7 emergency response centre automatically.
- The 24/7 emergency help device also features an alarm clock as well, which can be used for medication or meal reminders.
- If family and your caregiver are not available or away then emergency calls from this device will be answered by a 24/7 monitoring for elderly parents service. They will send an ambulance or contact your next of kin.
- This SOS Watch acts as help alarm for elderly and has the ability for 2-way voice communication.
- This 3g personal alarm watch for elderly is not old-fashioned like fall alert pendant. Its look is modern and can be easily worn by users on their wrist with flexible straps making it easy to carry around with you.
- The SOS mobile watch is easily contactable and locatable at any time it provides the more independence and freedom to wearer and caregiver than fall alert pendant.
If you have an aging family member or friend, you understand the importance of ensuring both their safety and comfort. You should invest in-home medical alert systems for seniors today to improve your loved one’s quality of life and give you some peace of mind whether you are with them or not. The SOS Watch has the most affordable pricing in the market.
Keywords: home medical alerts systems, 24/7 help button, GPS for seniors, SOS watch, life alert devices, Fall Alert Pendant, monitored personal alarms, personal alarm systems, alarm systems for seniors, monitoring for elderly parents, elderly GPS, personal alarm for elderly, emergency watch, help alarm for elderly, 3g personal alarm