As we know, there are many people living with disabilities. They need assistance at every step. In order to provide a perfect service to these people, The NDIS was developed by the Australian Government. It is the National Disability Insurance Scheme that provides support to people with disability, their caretakers, and their family.
This National Disability Insurance Scheme was introduced in 2016 in Australia. It has an individual support package for people with disability. It is available with home and health care service insurance. It provides all the required assistance services to a person with a disability. It is believed that in 2019, with a complete implementation of NDIS, over 460,000 people will get individual support.
It covers all the potential services for people with disabilities, aiming to give them a well-defined life. They can get support for all the mainstream services such as:
- Health care services
- Housing functionalities
- Educational support
- Safety and security services
It is providing all the special services such as:
- Accommodation support
- Community support
- Respite care
- community access
They can also get access to community services such as:
- Visiting libraries
- Sports clubs
They will be able to manage their informal support with these assistance services. They can learn to communicate easily with their family and friends. It is an uncapped insurance scheme that is driven by demands of people in need.
What are its Goals?
It was developed under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013, aiming to provide a new support system for those in need. It is a reliable scheme for supporting and giving a better life to people with disabilities. It accelerates their participation in all the social and economic activities to give them a better life. It also has some useful devices approved under its facilities such as the SOS Watch and SOS Pendant. You can claim the SOS Watch and SOS Pendant from the NDIS.
- It is responsible for changing the old support system for the care of people in need.
- It is also providing employment services to people with disability.
- In this insurance plan the government allocates funds for all the expenditures that it requires for the support of people with disability.
- The people who live in the area under the network of NDIS scheme can get its services.
- Australian citizens or people with Permanent Residency can access this service.
- This scheme is available for people under the age of 65 years.
The NDIS is a special support system for people with a disability provided by the Australian Government. You can get the SOS Watch or SOS and FB SOS Watch is a smartwatch Pendant from the NDIS as a verified and useful gadget for people with disabilities.